5e backgrounds: Every story has a beginning and if you are looking forward to enjoying the adventure of D&D game to its extreme, you made add some interesting 5e backgrounds to your character.
The background of the character actually reveals the location from where it actually belongs to. You can view courageous knight or a grizzled more solid to your fighter background whereas rogue is often being displayed with a guild thief or commanded audience.
In short, we can also say that the background of your character shows the complete story of your character and put on a remark on its identity as well.
Today we are here going to address you about the different 5e backgrounds and other aspects related to it. Moreover, you will be detailed about the concrete benefits here as well.
What are the Proficiencies of 5e backgrounds?
- You can easily upgrade your character with two different skills on each addition of background to it.
- One or more different tools are being described to each character on the addition of each background to it.
- Characters are usually provided with a variable proficiency of the same kind in case if it acquires the same proficiency from two different sources.
- There are for sure some backgrounds that offer characters a set of additional language for the characters to enjoy on.
- Each set of background is featured with a package of starting equipment. Whereas if you use the optional rule where you have to spend some coins on gear and will not get the starting equipment as well.
- You can easily find and select the different backgrounds on the basis of various suggestions as per the personal characteristics of your background.
- You can randomly select the characteristics, can determine those randomly using roll dice and can use suggestion to make use them as inspiration for characteristics.
- 5e backgrounds also offer you the facility of easy customization as well. You can easily tweak features of background as per your preferences so that your character can stay fit to the game. Customization is an extremely easy process here where you just have to replace features with the other one.
5e Backgrounds for D&D
|Acolyte||Shelter of the Faithful||Insight, Religion||Social, Religious|
|Archaelogist||Historical knowledge||History, Survival||Social, Exploration|
|Boros Legionnaire||Legion Station||Athletics, Intimidation||Guild|
|Celebrity Adventurer’s Scion||Name Dropping||Perception, Performance|
|City Watch/ Investigator||Watcher’s Eye||Athletics, Investigation, Insight||Social, Detection, Combat|
|Courtier||Court Functionary||Insight, Persuasion||Social|
|Cloister Scholar||Library Access||History, Arcana, Nature, Religion||Social, Utility|
|Dimir Operative||False Identity||Deception, Stealth||Guild|
|Entertainer||By Popular Demand||Acrobatics, Performance||Guild|
|Faction Agent||Safe Heaven||Insight, Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature||Social, Utility|
|Fisher||Harvest the Water||History, Survival||Social, Utility|
|Gambler||Never Tell Me the Odds||Deception, Insight|
|Gladiator||By Popular Demand||Acrobatics, Performance||Social, Combat|
|Guild Artesian/ Guild Merchant||Guild Membership||Insight, Persuasion||Social, Utility|
|House Agent (Cannith)||House Connections||Investigation, Persuasion||Social, Utility|
|Inheritor||Inheritance||Survival, Arcana, History, Religion||Social|
|Knight||Retainer||History, Persuasion||Social, Utility|
|Marine||Steady||Athletics, Survival||Exploration, Combat|
|Noble||Position of Privilege||History, Persuasion||Social, Utility|